Individually, as well as a collective group of children of your Kingdom we come to you with this prayer. We speak to you as we start the 2018 year.
God, we want to take this time to thank you for all the blessings we receive that in some cases we take for granted and don’t give thanks to its rightful responsible party:
“Give thanks to the Lord for he is good. His love will endure forever. Give thanks to the God of God’s”, Psalm 136
- God the Creator “Creator God, I praise you because you made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you’. . . ” (Neh. 9:6).
- We praise you because there is No Other God. (Isaiah 45:5).
- We Praise you because you are Almighty LORD God. (Psalm 89:8).
- We praise you because you are the Everlasting Father. (Daniel 7:9), (Isaiah 9:6)
- We praise you because you are a Loving God. (1 John 4:16).
- We praise you because you are the one that Justifies those who have faith in Jesus” (Romans 3:26).
- We praise you because you are The Trustworthy God because you are a “faithful God, keeping your covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love you and keep your commands” (Deuteronomy 7:9).
- We praise you because you are so Gracious and Merciful God. (Nehemiah 9:31),
- We praise you because you are our Mighty Rock. (Psalm 62:7).
- We praise you because you are Patient with all your children. (2 Pet. 3:9).
- We praise you because you are the Only Wise God. (Jude 1:25).
- We praise you because you are The Holy One. (Revelation 4:8).
- We praise you because you allow us to know you Personally. (Matthew 8:11).
- We praise you because you are A Giving God. (John 3:16).
- We praise you because you are our The Provider. (2 Corinthians 9:7).
- We praise you because you are our Guide. (Psalm 23:1-3).
- We praise you because you always Leads Us into Victory. (2 Corinthians 2:14).
- We praise you because you are our Peace. (Romans 16:20).
- We praise you because you are the Healer. (Exodus 15:26).
- We praise you because you are our Comfort. (2 Corinthians 1:3).
- We praise you because you are the Miracle Maker. (Psalm 77:14).
- We praise you because you are a Forgiving God. (Nehemiah 9:17)
- We praise you because you are The Burden-Bearer. (Psalm 68:19).
- We praise you because you are Faithful. (Psalm 36:5; Lamentations 3:23).
- We praise you because you are the King of Kings. (1 Timothy 6:15).
- We praise you because you are my Assistance. (Psalm 70:5).
- We praise you because you are my Shield. (Psalm 3:3).
- We praise you because you are a Shining Light by lighting my path for me. Psalm 27:1, Daniel 2:22).
- We praise you because you are our Joy. (Psalm 21:6).
- We praise you because you are the one who Answers our prayers. (Isaiah 65:24).
- We praise you because you are the Holy One of Israel. (Isaiah 54:5).
God, we are so thankful for the above blessings, but we must admit to our shortcomings and ask for your forgiveness. Please forgive us if we should leave some of these shortcomings out because we can’t remember them all.
- God, we’re guilty of questioning your love for us; (1 Chronicles 16 :34)
- God, we are guilty worshiping other Gods once or twice; Exodus 34:14
- God, we are guilty of committing wrongful acts against other; Romans 13:4
- God, we are guilty of doing wrongful things to our body; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
- God, we are guilty of jealousy and not keeping pure thoughts; James 3:16
- God, we are guilty of not properly tithing; Deuteronomy 14:22
- God, we are guilty of not being proper disciple makers; Matthew 4:19
There are so many more than what we have listed here but we are seeking forgiveness. We are shameful of falling short of your expectations.Lord we also would like to take the time and thank you for all the blessings you bestow upon us:
- We are thankful for your unfailing love. (Psalm 107:8)
- We are thankful for His grace. (1 Corinthians 1:4)
- We are thankful for Victory. (1 Corinthians 15:57)
- We are thankful for the Rules of Life you gave us. (Psalm 199:62)
- We are thankful for the faith of others to comfort and cheer us up. (Philemon 1:4)We are thankful that God answers our prayers and has become our salvation. (Psalm 18:21)
- We are thankful for Paying the Price for Our Sins (Romans 3:23)We are thankful for be allowed share in the inheritance of God and the Kingdom of light. (Colossians 1:12)We are thankful because God’s love last forever. (1 Chronicles 16:34)We are thankful for His Faithfulness. (1 John 1:9)
God, as we start to travel down this road in the New Year, we like to bring to your attention the troubles we are dealing with. We ask that you help us in assistance with the following prayer requests:
- The homelessness and less fortunate;
- Financial issues;
- Jealousy & favoritism;
- Relationship issues;
- The addictions
God, we ask that you support us as we strengthen our love for you. Control our finances, and schedules so we may follow the path that you light for us. God give us the strength to fend off the urges that lead us to do the things we should not do as well give us the power to do the things we need to do.
We want to make the New Year a better year and a godlier year. If it be your will we ask that you aid us in our deficiencies. God, when we start to believe you do not love us give us that gentle slap to remind us that your love is forever.
Thanks, from us Sinners but believers in Christ.